Sexy and funny movies are a great choice for date night, for movie nights with your friends, or just for hanging out in front of the TV. Forget chick flicks or guy movies; sexy and funny movies are films that everyone can agree on.
Sexy and Funny Movie Ideas
When you need a good laugh, a little romance, or a little bit of both, give these movies a try:
- Wedding Crashers - Starring Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson, this downright hysterical movie is the perfect combination of funny and sexy.
- Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby - Will Ferrell stars in this send up of Nascar that will have everyone laughing.
- The Producers - The smash Broadway musical about a theater producer and his account who realize that a Broadway flop can make more money than a Broadway hit is now on DVD.
- Any movie directed by Woody Allen - Dry wit and subtle humor make Woody Allen movies the perfect choice when you're in the mood for comedy of the more cerebral variety.
- Employee of the Month - A good choice for Dane Cook fans, watch the antics of employees in a Sam's Club style warehouse store
- Office Space - Anyone who has ever set foot in an office will laugh at out loud at this send up of corporate life and inner office politics.
- The Blues Brothers - This movie is over 25 years old, but the laughs certainly stand the test of time. Dan Akroyd and John Belushi take their classic Saturday Night Live sketch and characters of Jake and Elwood Blues to the big screen.
- Legally Blonde - The guys in the room may grumble and groan about putting this DVD on, but soon everyone will agree that this movie staring Reese Witherspoon as a ditzy blonde on her way to Harvard Law School is full of laughs.
- Waiting for Guffman - From the writers of the equally hilarious Spinal Tap, this movie follows the lives of citizens of Blaine, Missouri, as they prepare a musical for the town's anniversary and dream of taking that play to New York.
- 9 ½ Weeks - This movie sets the bar by which most other sexy movies are judged. It may have been made over 20 years ago, but people still talk about Mickey Rourke, Kim Bassinger, and the refrigerator scene from this movie.
- Last Tango in Paris - This 1972 film is about the relationship between a recently widowed American man, played by Marlon Brando, and a much younger Parisian girl has always received mixed reviews for its story, but it everyone agrees it is definitely a steamy affair.
- The Postman Always Rings Twice - OK, so this movie doesn't have a very sexy ending and involves a murder plot, but whether you watch the 1981 version, starring Jessica Lange and Jack Nicholson, or the 1946 version, starring John Garfield and Lana Turner, the sexual chemistry on the screen is palpable.
- Basic Instinct - This movie, too, involves a murder, but it is best known for the sexual tensions on screen and a certain scene starring Ms. Sharon Stone.
- Showgirls - Some people would say this movie is pure comedy, but the original intention was for this to be a sexy movie. In any case, it has certainly won itself a place in the annals of pop culture as one of the those "so bad its good" movies.
Your Sexy and Funny Movie Ideas
What are your favorite funny movies? What is your pick for the sexiest movie ever made? Go the comment box at the end of the page and share your knowledge!