Loved by millions, Johnny Depp movie quotes are always in high demand.
Depp, the Man
John Christopher Depp II, better known as Johnny Depp was born in Ownesboro, Kentucky to a waitress and civil engineer in 1963. His performing career began as a teenager when he would play guitar in garage bands. In fact, he dropped out of high school when he was sixteen to pursue his dream of being a rock musician. Unfortunately, he found only a modicum of success, and by 1983 found himself looking at a career change. Fortunately for his fans, he changed to acting.
Since 1984, Depp has starred in a number of movies and the 21 Jump Street television series. Included in his list of credits are such movies as:
- Edward Scissorhands (1990)
- Don Juan DeMarco (1995)
- The Ninth Gate (1999)
- Once Upon a Time in Mexico (2002)
- Sweeney Todd: The Demon Butcher of Fleet Street (2007)
His most popular role is that of Captain Jack Sparrow in the Pirates of the Caribbean trilogy.
Famous Johnny Depp Movie Quotes
No actor who has met with the success that Johnny Depp has faced does so without leaving behind a whole slew of memorable movie quotes. Try these on for size:
Jack Sparrow in Pirates of the Caribbean
Having played the role of the infamous pirate Jack Sparrow three times, Depp has said such unforgettable lines as these:
- " Ladies! Will you please shut it? Listen to me. Yes, I lied to you. No, I don't love you. Of course it makes you look fat. I've never been to Brussels. It is pronounced 'egregious'. By the way, no, I've never met Pizzaro but I love his pies. And all of this pales to utter insignificance in light of the fact that my ship is once again gone. Savvy?"
- "Did no one come to save me just because they missed me?"
- "My tremendous intuitive sense of the female creature informs me that you are troubled."
- That's right. All in alphabetical order. Car wash...drugstore.... I used to lay in my crib and hear him scream in his sleep...'A,B,C,D,E,F,G...BOOM! BOOM!'"
- "That Lenora ain't nothing to me! I swear on my daddy's grave! I'm burning inside to touch you, baby!"
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
- "Well, beatniks for one, folk singers and motorbike riders. Y'know. All those hip, jazzy, super cool, neat, keen, and groovy cats. It's in the fridge, daddy-o! Are you hip to the jive? Can you dig what I'm layin' down? I knew that you could. Slide me some skin, soul brother!"
- "Of course you can! Everything in this room is eatable, even I'm eatable! But that is called 'cannibalism', my dear children, and is in fact frowned upon in most societies."
Once Upon a Time in Mexico
- "Bullfights. Bull hockey. Do you like this? The bull is stabbed, prodded, beaten. The bull is wounded. The bull is tired before the matador ever steps into the ring. Now, is that victory? Of course it is. Wanna know the secret to winning? Creative sportsmanship. In other words, one has to rig the game."
More Quotable Depp Quotes
To find more Johnny Depp movie quotes, visit these websites:
Can't find the movie quote you are looking for? Consider renting the movie from one of these online retailers:
- Apple TV HD Movies
- Blockbuster Online Movie Rental
Respect His Craft
With more than twenty years of filmmaking to his credit, actor Johnny Depp has offered us many moving performances and has been blessed with memorable movie lines. Pay tribute to this amazing actor by admiring his work and revisiting some of the quotes that made him a household name.