Many interesting movie facts are out there regarding many different films. There are even interesting facts out there regarding the motion picture industry itself.
What Makes A Movie Fact Interesting?
In this day and age, we see hundreds of movies a year in numerous genres like action, comedy, romance and more. Some of those movies are great, some are useless and others are horrible. However, we still watch them and add them to our mental movie collection. Often, in order for interesting movie facts to really stand off of the page, we must not only like the film the fact is about but find the content interesting. For example, someone might like Shrek but not find the fact that Mike Meyers voiced the jolly green ogre interesting. Facts are also considered interesting by viewers if they provide some novel information to viewers.
Interesting Movie Facts
Want to learn a few fun facts about a few films other there? Here are a few interesting tidbits about your favorite films.
- In the movie Carrie, the end of the movie was shot in reverse order--a technique of the film to make scenes look more 'ghost-like.' A close viewing of the film will show cars moving in reverse.
- What do the 101 Dalmations and Wendy from Peter Pan have in common? The 102 characters are the only characters in Disney's past to have both of their parents present and alive for the whole course of the movie.
- Gone With The Wind producers were fined $5,000 for allowing obscenities in the film's dialogue. The offensive and expensive word? Damn.
- One of the films Will Smith is known best for almost didn't happen. The actor didn't want to participate in Men in Black until his wife persuaded him otherwise.
- In the film Monsters, Inc, Boo has a Woody doll (the famous cowboy from Toy Story).
- Guilderoy Lockhart from Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets was based on a former boyfriend of writer JK Rowling.
- I Know Who Killed Me starring Lindsay Lohan has had the most Razzie awards ever given to a film. The Razzies are awards for the worst in movies.
- Kevin Spacey and Mike Myers were considered for the role of the Inspector in The Pink Pather.
- 1941's You're in the Army Now features the longest Hollywood kiss on camera, clocking in at three minutes and three seconds.
- Chocolate syrup was used as the blood in the movie Psycho. Hitchcock himself thought the texture really helped to make it more realistic.
- The longest film made is The Burning of the Red Lotus Temple. The film is over 27 hours long!
- The lowest grossing film of all times was Zyzzyx Road, which only made $30 in a Texas theater.
- Film executives were a bit nervous about casting Leonardo DiCaprio as the Kid in The Quick and the Dead. As a result and to show her confidence in the actor, costar Sharon Stone paid his salary out of her own pocket.
- Ever wonder how old Hollywood stars are? In Citizen Kane, Orson Welles was only 21 years of age.
- In The Lion King one of the bugs that Timon pulls out of a log is wearing Mickey ears. This is not the only case of Disney films pulling out other characters. The Genie in Aladdin pulls Sebastian from The Little Mermaid out of his bag of tricks when looking through his spell book.
- In the Pirates of the Caribbean series, Johnny Depp wears contact lenses that function as sunglasses so that the character would not be constantly squinting.
Fun movie facts can be found anywhere from watching a movie and finding one of your own to looking on the Internet. Keep your eyes open for interesting facts and they are sure to come to you. Listen to interviews with the actors and actresses in major films. Often, they are some of the best sources of interesting facts out there!