Six Word Movie Titles
If you want to know six word movie titles just for your own personal knowledge or maybe as a little game you play with friends, you've come to the right place.
What's Up with Six Words?
Generally, six word movie titles are considered pretty long. Think about it, movies like The Curious Case of Benjamin Button are often shortened to The Curious Case or Benjamin Button. What about the title The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford? That's a whopping 10 words long! If you think long titles are a relatively new phenomenon, think again. The official title for Dr. Strangelove is actually Dr. Strangelove: or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb. The 13 word title works and this Stanley Kubrick film is a favorite throughout generations. So, sometimes, really long movie titles really do work well.
Longer movie titles are often more difficult to market, not to mention difficult for marketing companies to fit on a movie poster. Most movie titles are between one and four words, and that seems to work. Not that longer movie titles have not worked at all. Many movies with long titles become very successful and some, well, not so much. The less successful long-titled movies probably have more to do with the movie itself, rather than the title.
A List of Six Word Movie Titles
Finding six word movie titles isn't the easiest thing in the world to do. It is definitely time consuming combing through titles of thousands of movies. If that's what you are looking for, here is a pretty comprehensive list of movie titles containing exactly six words. The following movies cover just about every genre of film throughout the decades.
- Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
- The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants
- A Guide to Recognizing Your Saints
- Until the End of the World
- Why Do Fools Fall in Love?
- Before the Devil Knows You're Dead
- I Could Never Be Your Woman
- The Prize Winner of Defiance, Ohio
- To Gillian, on Her 37th Birthday
- All The Boys Love Mandy Lane
- Return to House on Haunted Hill
- The Day the Earth Stood Still
- Close Encounters of the Third Kind
- The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance
- Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen
- Romy and Michele's High School Reunion
- Diary of a Mad Black Woman
- The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy
- The Dangerous Lives of Altar Boys
- Love in the Time of Cholera
- Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie
- Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story
- How Stella Got Her Groove Back
- He's Just Not That Into You
- Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason
- The Truth About Cats and Dogs
- 10 Things I Hate About You
- Win a Date With Tad Hamilton
- The Goods: Live Hard, Sell Hard
- You Can't Take it With You
- Love is a Many Splendored Thing
- The Hand that Rocks The Cradle
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
- Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
- Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
- Dodge Ball: A True Underdog Story
- How to Make an American Quilt
- Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
- The Last House on the Left
- Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
- Monty Python and the Holy Grail
- You Don't Mess with the Zohan
- Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day
- The Man Who Fell to Earth
- All Quiet on the Western Front
- The Bridge on the River Kwai
- The Man Who Knew Too Much
Most of the movies listed above are better known films and hopefully will get your mind jogging a bit about other six word film titles that you know, but aren't listed here.
Whether you love classics, comedies, romantic or horror films, as you can see, there are plenty of six word film titles out there for you to explore. Also, if you are just a movie buff and wondering how many films out there have six words in their titles, the list above is just a small sampling of the thousands of films out there. There are many, many more six word film titles that have been produced since the beginning of filmmaking and probably plenty more to come.